28 June 2009
I have finished knitting the vests for the boys, the smaller one was knitted in flat pieces and sewn together and the larger one was knitted in the round. As I'd planned the design in my head I didn't write down the pattern while I was knitting it, the instructions are quite easy but the cable chart could be tricky, not sure to do it on the computer or draw by hand. Procrastination is beginning to bite....
23 June 2009
Melbourne's winter can be quite cold, although not nearly as cold as in the northern hemisphere. I suppose that's why the school uniform does not include a coat or parka, but on a frosty morning things can still get quite chilly. That's why I decided to knit body warmers for my sons, for them to wear over their uniform teeshirts. I have chosen the wool in their uniform colours, dark blue and green, and I'm going to follow their uniform: solid in one colour with contrasting stripes on the collar and at the hem. To add a little interest I'm going to add a cable panel at the centre front then branch out along the v-neck on each side. I've never written a pattern before, so it's going to be a challenge. The knitting part will be easy.